I love everything about this picture...the flowers, colors, table runner, candles...yep I think I'll use it all :)

This is the reception site: The Farm at South Mountain. And this cute little canopy is where we will be having it! There's also a cute little ramada for the band and a place for a dance floor.

And this little number will be the "sister bridesmaid" dress... (and yes there are 6 of those!)
So that's about it so far...wedding planning is so fun! (but stressful being that I'm not actually in AZ to plan all this). Now my question for all of you...any advice on what to/not to register for??????
11 comments:
Hey Brittany! This is Kristi from the old BYU ward. I was blog surfing and found you. Yay. (It made me miss Costa Azul though!) :) Congrats on the engagement- I completely love the lime green/black/white ensemble. Darling. No advice on what to register for- but WHILE registering don't worry too much about the super expensive stuff--- i.e. china (if you're doing that.) Kingston and I got into a huge fight and (I won) and no one bought us china anyway. If you do Macy's definatley take advantage of their credit card (for 90 days after you're married you get 15%-20% off of whatever you want to buy on your registry list.) Its a pretty sweet deal. Also- keep in mind that you can always return stuff for credit/cash and buy it cheaper on Craigslist. We got married in Idaho but I was living in Phoenix- so we returned a $90 microwave and bought it for $10 out in Phoenix on Craigslist. Oh yeah also, Target is now more stingy about returning stuff without receipts. :) Maybe that Craigslist advice sounds way ghetto... anyway we're at kingstonandkristi.blogspot.com
p.s. when you start to recieve gifts in the mail (sometimes way before the actual date)--- write them ALL down! (Sometimes it will even have an address with it.) There were a few things in the beginning I thought I would just remember (for thank-you notes). Bad idea. Oh ---and register for more than 1 cupcake pan. And if you register for silverware, don't do one that's painted black for instance. (Make sure the metal is actually colored- the paint chips off in the dishwasher even on $60 silverware.)
Love, love, love all of your wedding ideas! It's going to be an awesome day! :)
Britt..... No way I have to say that when I saw that pic of what you want the tables to look like it took my breath away. It is absolutely Gorgeous. You have to do it. If you need any help with anything just let me know. I can help with anyting even if its something boring. love ya
BRITT! First of all, LOVE the wedding decor picture/idea. It's SO "you." FYI, I had all green hydrangea at my reception/wedding and it turned out gorgeous. I just love green. Plus, the batik pattern is so popular right now, you can incorporate it all over the place. If u need someone to do invites, I know someone that does great ones, fairly cheap. DO u have a photographer yet? AS for registering, we did the typical Bed Bath and Target. Bed Bath was okay, but they are so overpriced and don't have a huge selection. Unless, you want a $30 ice cream scooper. I loved TArget, and never had any problems with returns despite all the warnings I got. I wanted to do POttery Barn, but it's too hard for a lot of people. Just really focus on the PRACTICAL thigngs u need bc u will get lots of money you can buy "fun" things with. Wal Mart might be a bit too white trash for some, but I would give ANYTHING to have some gift cards from there to pay for groceries NOW! :)
BE sure to keep us all updated on wedding plans. I'm dying to see what u come up with!
Your blog is going to be the new favorite. We all love wedding plans! Be sure to post every detail - this is fun. I have to disagree with your friend Kristi (she sounds really cute, though:) about the china. David's mom was telling us we needed to register for china because we'd never end up buying it for ourselves. I totally thought it was lame because I knew not many people do it nowadays and I could not picture anyone getting it for us. We decided to do it anyway, but I did not get my hopes up that we would receive it as gifts. We ended up getting two place settings in the mail from David's uncle and aunt, and then a couple months later friends of my parents bought us the remaining six settings. Apparently they went on sale and she just loves to buy china for wedding gifts. Now I have a complete set of beautiful china and I can't wait to use it for dinner parties (you and Ben will surely be invited :). I would advise to at least register for it because it is fun for others to purchase for you, plus you'll be so happy if you did get most of the settings. It definitely is something you won't buy for yourselves in the future. If no one gets it for you, oh well, you would be in the same position as if you did not register for it. Have fun!
hey britt! the colors and the table are lovely. I like it alot.. this is ty jennings by the way.. congrats on everything!
hey i am so happy you came to yoga! i love the table decor.. i think you should totally do that! as far as registering, i registered at williams sonoma, target, abd bed bath and beyond.. bed bath and beyond is great because you can take stuff back and just get cash.. hope to see you again!
congrats on the engagment! Your ideas look really cute! Our address is 658 Wymount Terr. Provo, UT 84604
Goodluck with the planning
Brittany- I am not sure if you will remember me or not, I am one of Amy Wiseman's friends- I worked with her in BP at Nordstrom. Anyways I came across your blog and I wanted to tell you congrats! Your wedding ideas are adorable! I was also going to tell you, I am not sure if you know what you are doing for your invites or not but there is this place in Spanish Fork called JMart who makes fabulous invitations and they make one almost identical to the card that is at the place sittings in the pic you posted. They are darling in real life! Anyways good luck with the planning! Kelsey
hey- i dont know you.. but my friend Andrea told me to look on your blog because we have simulair ideas for our wedding. I love the bridesmaid dress. Do you mind me asking where you got it from?
Post a Comment