Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What a weekend!

I know I've been slacking on the blog posts lately but with school and wedding planning and everything I've been super busy!! This weekend was especially busy because on Saturday night Cody's mom spontaneously flew us out to California for a bridal show on Sunday (yes, horrible i know). It was held at The Mission Inn . The place was gorgeous! Needless to say we booked the "Music Room" of the mission inn for our June 6 California reception. While we were there we managed to snag a photographer and a cake vendor for the reception as well. Here is a picture of the room our reception will be in (ignore all the purple...they had it decorated for the bridal show)...

Then on Monday we got up early and went to the garment district in LA in search of fabric for the tablecloths/table runners (see picture from previous post). The green fabric was pretty easy to find and we found a pretty good deal on it but the black and white damask fabric was verrrry tricky to find (especially since I was pretty picky on it exactly matching the picture :) ). About 5 hours into searching we finally located the perfect fabric! Cody's mom has a very good eye for things! Not only that but I also found some gorgeous lace fabric for my wedding dress which apparently is extremely hard to find anywhere. I've decided I'm going back to LA for all my fabric needs :) It was a pretty busy day but all the good finds made it well worth it (as did the authentic mexican tacos we found on every corner!) Here is a picture of the fabric:

We finished Monday off with a trip to the Beverly Center mall so Cody could scope out H&M for men's slim fit "European" suits with "skinny" black ties (he served his mission in Madrid, Spain and has a love for European style :) ). He ended up going back to LA on Tuesday with his mom and found suits for all his guys while me and Holly (his sister-in-law...and my future sister-in-law!) went shopping at Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica. It was such a fun and busy trip but we got so much accomplished and I'm soooo glad we were able to go :)






6 comments:

Andrea said...

HOW FUN FOR YOU! Sounds like u are marrying into a fun family. SO IMPORTANT. Love the fabric district and love the fabric you got even more.

Steph said...

When you said "garment" district I was slightly confused...hehe :)Wow. Your wedding looks like it's going to be a perfect match to your vision...your style is great!

Vanessa said...

WoW!!!! You had an awesome/busy weekend! I was worn out just from reading everything you did! I'm so proud that you were able to get so much done! :) Now that you're back I think it's time we hang out again :)

Andrea said...

AHHH! I'm sorry I didn't call. I was only there one day and it was all a whirlwind. I would have loved to see u. In fact, Morgan and I were even talking about how cool your wedding is going to be. I'll def. call u next time we are down. If u are going to be in Mesa the first of May, I'm going down for Morgans wedding. We should get together!

Anonymous said...

Hello neighbor. I just saw you had a blog so I just wanted to say congratulations on your engagement! That is so exciting!

Tyson and Heather said...

I love your fabrics you chose!! I go to the fabric district in L.A. at least once a week, its fun but quite the crazy place!! Fun fun look for your wedding:) Love the green and black...can't wait to see more of your fun ideas--wedding planning is a ton of work but oh so fun!!:)