Well first off I have to apologize that all my posts lately have been strictly wedding-related but that is pretty much all that consumes my life these days! Anyways...I've been in Arizona for spring break and thankfully have gotten a lot done (dress fittings, booked a videographer) but there is still one thing I've been struggling with...wedding shoes. It may sound easy enough to find a pair of shoes but they can't be white because my dress is more of an off-white creamish color (surprisingly a hard color to find shoes to match), but they also have to be comfortable because of my recent foot surgery. I've seriously looked everywhere! I found this picture from a photographers website and thought it was so dang cute...

I loved this idea but green shoes are hard to find (much less, comfortable ones!) So I'm basically asking if anyone has any ideas :) To all my married friends...where did you find your wedding shoes???
10 comments:
I actually wore green heels at my wedding! They were VERY comfortable even at 3 in. tall. I think that I found them at Macy's, but that was so long ago that I'm sure that they dont have them anymore. The brand is Guess so maybe you can find them online. They are very simple with one strap over the toes. I wore them all day and was just fine! Goodluck!
Britt, as you know, mine were white...so, I am no help to you. But, I miss you and hopefully we can talk soon!!! I'll email you tonight to update you on what we've been doing!
I found some white heels but my dress was a creamy pink so I took them to a dye store with a swatch of my color and they dyed them to match perfectly for 12 dollars. Definitely just find a white heel you like and the color you want and someone can dye it for you for nothing! Good luck!!
Mine were cream. I had a heck of a time finding them. I found some months before, but realized they were uncomfortable after wearing them a few minutes. SO, actually my dad found my shoes the night before the wedding at DSW. (Do they have those out west?).
Green would be cute!!! I think McCall is right...dying them would probably work really well if you want to match them to your dress :) Call me so we can go to lunch/dinner/or a double-date... :)
I found your blog via Jess and Dallas's..I'm Kai Nielsen's wife and I thought I'd share my two cents worth cause I definitely went through the ringer with wedding shoes! I ordered (and returned) from tons of sites before finally choosing a pair!
zappos.com, piperlime.com, onewed.com, solestruck.com, perfectdetails.com, and even target.com - all have a great selection. Good luck!
So Mccall knows what is up. My mom did it for my wedding and it also worked amazing. I wore some white shoes from nordstroms. I did not like them much but I was to tired to care.
My dress was creamish also. And so were my shoes. I got them at suzanne's bridal. I don't remember if there were a lot of great options but I found a pair that I loved there!
Shoes can be a hard thing to find... when i got married i had a hard time finding the right pair of shoes. i didn't want to wear the traditional white. As life has it i wasn't looking and i found the perfect pair. they were white but had blue gem stones shaped as flowers. i used these shoes as "my something blue". i guess long story short, have you given any thought to using your shoes as your something blue?
i have a picture of my shoes up on my page if you want to take a look.
Post a Comment