Tuesday, July 12, 2011

taste of chicago.

when we first found out we'd be here for the summer, the one thing everybody said we had to do was go to the taste of chicago. basically its a big event where tons of local restaurants gather and offer several entree options and "tastes" (smaller portions) of their food.  its a great way to try some of chicago's best restaurants as well as different types of ethnic styles. any event centered around food and i'm there! almost better than the food is the people watching, i've never seen anything like it!


first taste: sauteed goat meat with coconut rice per cody's request.  not bad actually.

they had chef demonstrations going on throughout the week which was really neat.  i was just sad that we missed giada's appearance.

shelly and branson with their fried catfish- one of our favorites from the day!

standing in line for some food...

another favorite: caramel popcorn ice cream from garretts.

and for a video...
the little old lady on the right had been dancing and gettin down (seriously) for like 2 minutes before i thought to take a video.  wish i could've caught this sooner because it was amazing.


i think every city really needs a food festival like this.

4 comments:

huggin said...

Two things: 1. I love your skirt!!!! I need to purchase it ASAP, although I think it looks much cuter on you, then it would on me. 2. Are Shelly and Branson the two cutest people ever? I don't even know them and yet I want to be best friends with them.

zeb.holly.van.gretchen said...

you guys are having too much fun out there! way to go on site seeing and taste testing! get it all in while you can!

Steph said...

hahaha! I totally agree...LOVE your skirt (do share where you got it?) and every city does need a food festival like that! love you lots cute girl!

Ben N Nessa said...

ok, me too...I'm dying for your skirt :) And I WISH I could've gone with you...looks awesome!