Friday, July 8, 2011

had to be done...

i'm sort of obsessed with movie houses.  movies i love, that is.  hence THIS post from 2 years ago.  so it just wouldn't be right for us to be living in chicago all summer and not visit the home alone house.  its quite a ways north of the city but lucky for us its not too far from the chicago temple so we made a point to visit when we were in the area with shelly and branson.

its on the most beautiful, green, tree-lined street.  and did you know its for sale?  2.4 mil.
we had fun admiring it and quoting movie lines all afternoon and putting up with high school kids driving by and making fun of us for being so tourist-y. 

totally worth it.
even if just for this next photo...
yes, it had to be done.

5 comments:

Steph said...

haha. i love it!

Banana said...

Friend, I had such a great time catching up on your blog tonight! Sorry I have been mia! It looks like Chicago is treating you so well, and what a wonderful opportunity to be able experience such a beautiful city! I love all of the photos! Keep them coming! Hugs!!!

Shalayne and Clayton said...

Love, love that house! How fun for you guys to see it.

huggin said...

I have always wanted to see that house! I can't believe how green it is. I think I just always imagine it covered in snow... like the snow has never melted from 1990 when they made it.

miss chaz. said...

ah! i've always wanted to go there. that's like my dream house:)