anyways...it's interesting to work with people who don't have health insurance, eat 100% organic food, and never eat sugar. i feel like i'm in elementary school again...afraid that the other kids will judge me for what i bring in my lunch (ok so maybe i never used to think that but i certainly do now). we don't even get a real lunch break at work (don't worry...i've researched az labor laws to do something about this). but just when i thought i was going to have to hide my diet coke in a can of V8 juice i discovered a most delicious drink. kombucha! its like an herbal tea made out of some crazy mushroom but its completely naturally caffeine free, and its insanely good for you. its sort of an acquired taste but you can find it at health food stores like aj's, sprouts, or sunflower farmers market.

another thing...at work our clients go thru a 3 week "cleanse". it basically involves taking lots of natural supplements and eating nothing but fruits and veggies for 3 straight weeks. its supposed to clean you out completely, get rid of toxins, and make you lose weight/train you to eat healthier. i haven't quite mustered up the courage to do that one yet but my family has surprisingly taken interest. starting the day after easter my parents will be participating in this...maybe if it goes well i'll do it....maybe.
9 comments:
That sounds interesting. Health nuts are the funniest people, zealots sort of but cool none the less.
good luck with trying that, i would never be able to do it. I think i would die. No i am for sure i would die. I buy some stuff at the health food store right now, but i dont like to tell anyone because they will think i am some kind of weirdo.
Um yeah I could never do a cleanse like that. And I love your boss' philosophy that if you take care of your body you won't get sick. Myself and every other person that works in medicine would find humor in that!!! Keep drinking that Diet Coke girl. Don't let them make a complete convert out of you!!
Keep me updated with that! :) I just ate "Better than Sex" cake and it was...well...delicious ;) Haha! Miss you tons!
Yes, keep us filled in...I'm snacking on peanut butter chocolate cheerio bars :) Cheerios are healthy, right?
Wow, a drink made of mushrooms? Sounds very interesting...I will have to try it out sometime. A bunch of my family members have tried out the 3 week cleanse and it really works. I have mostly heard positive things about it, I guess the only drawback is the loss of energy.
I dont know how well I would do on the whole cleanse thing either considering veggies are not my favorite! I actually all together stopped drinking diet coke myself and have been off for 5 months! Anyway, miss you, glad you found a good job!
that job sounds way cool! do you remember my all cereal diet?:) you girls probably looked my cupboard and thought I was crazy! haha... oh and thanks for the drink suggestion! it's sounds really good, i'll have to try it!
So what exactly is the cleanse? Do you have to eat a certain amount of fruit/veggies? Can you only eat so much fruit? Email me about it please!! I am very interested!
You two are so cute together :)
Post a Comment