Monday, January 12, 2009

a really long christmas break post...

making traditional homeade cinamon rolls...my mom makes them from scratch every year, including grinding the wheat (which makes them seem somewhat healthy despite all the butter, sugar, and cream cheese in the frosting)...delish!
christmas eve...

my family has a tradition of having mexican food for christmas eve, and i love it...to me it's like, you've just had thanksgiving dinner a month earlier, who wants to eat it all again for christmas??
the day after christmas we headed to california to hang out with cody's family...

pinkberry pomegranate yogurt...yum.
on new years day all the girls made clay pot toy soldier christmas decorations...it took a good 7 hours! (ignore our painting get-up).
the finished product...
is it just me or did christmas come and go way too fast this year?? happy new year everyone!!

7 comments:

miss chaz. said...

How FUN!! Yes, Christmas FLEW by! :( But it will be back before we know it! Love your pictures!!

Ana Lee said...

Yes it was SUPER fast! Looks like you guys had so much fun!

Morgan said...

I love those soldiers, they're darling!

Steph said...

cute pictures :) I'm glad you guys had fun with both of your families!

Ben N Nessa said...

Awesome! :) I want some homemade cinnamon rolls....mmmm.

leslie said...

sounds like a lot of fun. i haven't seen your mom's remodeled kitchen... it looks great!

Whiting's said...

I love the pics. I like that your family has mexican food, I feel the same way, I do not want to have thanksgiving dinner all over again. Oh yeah and the soldiers are way cute.