Sunday, May 1, 2011

san diego.

last month we took a quick weekend trip to san diego to visit a law school.  in fact, they so graciously paid our way there so we took advantage of the time we weren't checking out the school and had a mini vacation.  neither of us had been to the san diego zoo since we were little so we decided it was a must.

my favorite was definitely the hippos. cody's was the orangutans and the pooping rhinoceros.
sick.
 c

our hotel was right downtown.  this was our balcony view...
we walked around seaport village...

some seaport village instagrams...
 and we all know this wouldn't be my blog if food wasn't involved.  our big find this trip was this fish taco truck.  i know, i know...looks sketchy.  i had done some research on 'yelp' and people raved about it...so we went.  twice.


 just when we thought the fish tacos were amazing, cody ordered the mexican shrimp cocktail and we about died.  i've been craving it ever since...




we certainly wouldn't mind living here...

4 comments:

scott and linds said...

That looks like so much fun! How did the interview go? I actually have NEVER been to the San Diego zoo- I think we'll have to take the little man when he gets a little older. Love all the pics and of course the delicious food- yum!! What is your instagram name? Let's follow! lindseymc. I want to come visit you in Chicago!!

Morgan said...

Best year of my life in San Diego. It was so much fun and there is so much to do! What law school were you looking at?

Ben N Nessa said...

what a fun trip!!!! :) Ben's cousins just moved there a few years ago and are in love....they say they'll never leave! Love the pictures (of the food and of your guys' cute faces) I think I should travel with you....I'd probably come back 300 lbs, but it'd be SO FUN!

Steph said...

Looks amazing. I second all of Vanessa's thoughts. You live a wonderful life!