Tuesday, August 18, 2009

coconut obsession.

i go thru food phases. for the past few months it was cilantro (i'd eat it with everything i could think of). now, it's coconut. last week i made berries with coconut cream from my real simple magazine and it was absolutely amazing so i had to share. does anyone have any good coconut recipes?

Berries with Coconut Cream


2 pounds mixed berries (such as blackberries and raspberries)
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup cream of coconut (such as Coco Lopez)
Directions

1 In a large bowl, gently toss the berries, sugar, and lime juice.
2 With an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream and cream of coconut until soft peaks form. Serve with the berries.

7 comments:

Amy W. said...

Thanks for the cocotips, my little peachy rico!

Morgan said...

I bet I'm just as obsessed as you are lately. I tried that same recipe! So good. There is a frozen yogurt place in Encinitas that serves coconut frozen yogurt and unfortunately it is 25 minutes away from us, but I ask Stuart to go EVERY day. I think I'm going to start having to buy extra tubs of it when we go and then put them in my freezer. It is that good.

Ben N Nessa said...

I love coconut and wish I lived closer to you so you could make all of these for me! Paula Deen made coconut cookies the other day....they looked delicious. :)

Steph said...

yum...send some my way ;)

huggin said...

that looks delicious!! I don't know where the recipe is but my old roommate's sister used to make this coconut cheesecake and top it it with fresh strawberries... probably one of the greatest things that i have ever experienced!

scott and linds said...

YUM!! I love REAL SIMPLE and I love anything coconut, so that looks delicious!

Brittny said...

coconut is amazing! I have always loved it, but there is never enough around (in foods). I will definitely have to look for coconut frozen yogurt! thanks for the recipe!