since i had my surgery scheduled for friday we decided to have a full celebration week beforehand. i found
this website, which gives a list of almost every birthday eclub for every restaurant imaginable. the best part of our v-day/b-day week...i didn't have to cook! overall we were able to celebrate with $10 off at mimi's, 2 free breakfasts at mimi's, free schlotzsky's deli sandwich (i'm obsessed!), free red robin burger, free golden spoon froyo, free jack in the box curly fries, and a free del taco shake. isn't free the best!? we were also able to go see "taken" and i was spoiled with foot and back rubs almost daily.
on my actual birthday i woke up to some incredible breakfast in bed from the husband...delicious german pancakes (my favorite!). he had to go to class for half the day so i spent the day lounging around and getting things all packed and ready for my surgery. we went to rubios for lunch (where i redeemed my free birthday meal thank you very much) and then were off to do some birthday shopping (cody's present to me). also who knew that anthropologie sends out 15% off anything during your birthday month...loved redeeming that one. after shopping we made our way over to barnes n noble to read some magazines (i could stay there all day). finally, we finished off the day at my favorite dinner spot,
sauce. nothing beats the spinach, pancetta, and goat cheese salad and sausage and carmelized onion pizza...and to top it all off a $5 off coupon plus a free tiramisu!!


i think we both agreed that celebrating all week is the only way to go. also i'm wondering how i didn't sign up for all these free birthday things before??
now i'm just recovering from surgery...spending all day on the couch with my pain meds close by. cody went back to tucson this morning so i'm gonna have to learn how to get to/from the bathroom in the wheelchair (i've been spoiled because he carried me all weekend). luckily the dr didn't have to put any pins in my feet this time so the recovery should be a little easier than last time.
i almost forgot...this is what cody gave me for valentines day (and he is wearing them in this picture just to clarify, my legs aren't that hairy...hehe):

i can't wait for my feet to recover...when they do i'll be sporting these bad boys to the gym!
i hope everybody had a great valentines day...we did. i recommend celebrating all week. i think it will be our new tradition!
8 comments:
Is it crazy that I never forget your birthday?? Every Feb. 11th I think "I hope Brittany is having a good birthday" It sounds like you did! Free stuff and discounts are awesome - I'm going to have to try it! And Cody's gift...totally rad!
Haha! I love your Birthday Week! :) You guys look adorable! This post made me hungry...haha!
Hhahahah what a great gift from cody! Happy belated bday by the way!! Sounds like it was a great week!
way to cash in on the gift cards and free food! It sounds like you had a perfect week. Hope your feet are feeling better.
YUM!--I'm talking about the food and Cody in those shorts ;) j/k! LOL...he's always good for a laugh! I love the pictures of you guys...you look beautiful!
I want to go to AZ just so I can eat at sauce. I have heard its really good. I am jelous. So how is it going with your surgery? Oh and thanks for the tips on b-day discounts, I will be signing up soon. your the best.
haha that is TOO FUNNY!! What a fun bday/valentines week! - oh and p.s. I LOVE the glasses!! ;)
I know this is late but happy birthday! also that sucks about your feet. I hope you are feeling better! We need to get together soon, some time over the spring or summer we should come down there or you should come to vegas. Hope you start to feel better.
Post a Comment