Wednesday, December 17, 2008

So long 20/20 vision...it was nice knowing you.


So, apparently I'm getting old or something. I hadn't had my eyes checked in YEARS because I always tested really well and prided myself in having excellent vision (I think it was better than 20/20 actually). But after months of headaches, neckaches and eyeaches (they're real I swear) I was told I should go to the optometrist. I was thinking I just had a simple little case of eyestrain but I do, in fact, have latent farsidedness. Mostly in my left eye which apparently is really bad compared to my right (so the right eye overcompensated for the other, causing strain, eye convergence and the headaches and yadda yadda). So the doc wrote me a fancy prescription, told me I was an unusual case (whatever that means) and sent me on my way.
Next step...pick out cute frames. I think secretly I'm excited. I've always thought that people with glasses could get away with rolling out of bed, putting their hair in a messy ponytail, and wearing no makeup because the glasses somehow make it all look cute. I can only hope...

7 comments:

ShuaChelle said...

I have had the same thing! The worst headaches and my eyes hurt so bad some days that I have to just sit and close them for a couple minutes.. I think I too need to make my way to the eye dr.

The Andrews said...

Hey Britney, this is Heidi Palmer. I am so glad I found your blog, you and Cody are so cute! Sorry about your vision, I have the same problem. I recently ran out of contacts and have been sporting my square framed glasses and I absolutely love them! The make me feel inteligent for some reason or another. Anyway, I hope you have a happy holiday!

Ana Lee said...

haha you are adorable. Good luck with the new glasses! I hope that you love experiencing the new world with better vision.

Ben N Nessa said...

Haha! Yes, I believe glasses cover up any non-made up, blemished faces. ;) Can't wait to see you in them!

Tyson and Heather said...

Oh you'll definitely be able to pull that off! Glasses day for me today, whooo-hoo:)! Thanks for checking out the website, glad you like them!! Happy Holidays!

Steph said...

Sorry about your eyes!--I think you're going to look ADORABLE in glasses! I can't wait to see pictures :) I think that I'm going to have the SAME problem. I get a headache at about 10:30 am everyday at work. My eye appointment is on the Dec 29...getting old isn't any fun :(

zeb.holly.van.gretchen said...

Britt, I'm so glad you went to the eye doc. I can't wait to see the new specs on you!