Monday, March 28, 2011

a saturday in phoenix.

a couple saturday's ago we found ourselves with nothing we had to do (which is rare), so we took advantage and spent the day together.  we started off at the phx melrose district street fair.  we loved walking around and checking out all the classic cars on display.



the food trucks were sure a plus, too.


 greatest hot dog of my life: all-beef with grilled onions, fried pickles, and chipotle mayo on naan bread. 
i think i need to just start a food blog with all the close-up food photos we've been seeing on here recently.  and go to the gym more, yep...that too.

 sweet republic ice cream.  yum.  they actually just did a taping of food network's "best thing i ever ate" here this weekend.
 a quick stop to rehydrate with some coconut juice.
 one of my favorite stops for vintage furniture in phx: modern manor.

snapped a quick photo as we drove by the classic chevrolet sign on camelback.

 an unsuccessful stop at last chance.  why am i the only one i know that never has luck here? i got super close when i spotted a pair of tory burch flats in....a half size too small. and then a pair of cream toms...yep, a size too small.  boo.
 we stopped off for a small dinner at sunshine moon peking pub, a chinese restaurant in scottsdale which is hardly worth mentioning because it was much too salty.  but we did have a coupon so i didn't feel that bad.

what do you do when your dinner is too salty? you overcompensate with some extra sweet desserts, of course.  so i introduced cody to one of my childhood favorites.  the sugar bowl!!

wish we could have saturday's like this more often!

16 comments:

scott and linds said...

What a fun Saturday!! I can never find ANYTHING at Last Chance either... I'm cursed there...I love all the old cars and the sugar bowl is a childhood favorite of mine as well. ;) You guys are living the life out there! Looks like a blast!

Brittny said...

Looks like a fun day!! I need to visit Arizona so that I can stop by sugar bowl, it looks delicious!!

Morgan said...

That hot dog looks AMAZING! I may need to find that food truck this saturday.

huggin said...

I love all the colors in this pictures! And even more than that i love all the delicious food that you got to eat!

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

That hot dog looks SOO GOOD!!!

Steph said...

amazing. the hot dog, pictures, and you.

EmylovePaul said...

unsuccessful last chance?! Girl, you need to go with me!!

Lacy_joy said...

I love it! Looks like so much fun. We need to talk soo soon. Where did you get that cute shirt, girly? Of course I would love your style:)

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Ok, that furniture store looks amazing... I have been lamenting the past few days about how I don't know where to look for vintage furniture. Thanks!! P.S. You are gorgeous. And I'm maybe a little more than slightly jealous that you can eat that way and stay so skinny!! Love ya! :)

Jenna Morrison Clark said...

LOVE the solo shot of you. pretty! pretty!

R.C + T.S said...

Hello Miss Photographer! Those photos are so artistic, seriously- You should rethink your day job...haha :) Seeing these pictures makes me miss AZ, and you! Next time I am down to visit you are in charge of picking a place to eat because you always seem to be eating some amazingly tasty dishes! Love you, friend!

miss chaz. said...

SUGAR BOWL = LOOOVE!
Love the pictures. And I am totally looking up that thrift store!

miss chaz. said...

haha i meant vintage store...came back to look up the name:)

and i have only gotten lucky ONCE at last chance. so i'm in the same boat. norstrom rack is my fav.

zeb.holly.van.gretchen said...

what a fun day together! wish we could see you more!

joeley hope said...

we want a saturday with you guys in az! modern manor- bomb. sugar bowl- the best. last chance- only get lucky on select days.
xo

Ben N Nessa said...

LOVE THIS POST! 1. You are gorgeous! 2. I love all of the food you've made me salivate over! 3. We need to live closer so I can join in on your AWESOME Saturday activities!