Friday, September 5, 2008

Wusthof.

If anyone's in the market for some good quality, sharp knives...I recommend the Wusthof Classic. Because sharp they are. So sharp that they will slice off half your fingertip if you're not careful. I was lucky enough to witness just how good these knives work yesterday while I was chopping onions for dinner. I should've listened to Rachel Ray when she told me to keep my fingers curled under while chopping but Cody and I were hungry and I was determined to finish my homemade marinara sauce for our chicken parmesan.

It may not seem bad to some but this was the first time in my life that I'd ever had to go get stitches (with the exception of my foot surgery). And that's all I could think about after it happened...how bad I didn't want to get stitches. It did make a pretty good slice through the back of my fingertip and through part of my nail (ouch!) But we went to urgent care and luckily no one was there so we got in quick. 3 excruciating numbing shots (the doc didn't quite get it the first or second time even though he shot the needle INTO my cut), 2 "under the skin" stitches, 3 regular stitches and a couple of vicodin later (the doc was feeling sympathetic and I was certainly grateful), I was feeling great. Cody doesn't know how to make chicken parmesan and I wasn't about to go back to chopping onions so we went out to eat at BJ's and the food almost made the whole experience worth it. Also, Cody grounded me from the Wusthofs and says I can only use butter knives...we'll see how long that lasts!
I had just gone nail polish shopping yesterday (hence the blue and pink stripe)...I was testing colors!

17 comments:

corrine said...

i did the SAME thing with my brand new wusthof classic knives, except with the bread knife, trying to open a plastic seal to a bottle of marinade. 3 stitches in my left index finger. they sure are sharp!

MommaChelle said...

oh my gosh! ouch!!

Banana said...

Oh my poor buddy!!! That looks so painful...I am so sorry that happened! It seriously did almost chop your finger off! :( please be careful!

Amy W. said...

BUST! Lit'trally. That sounds like a terrible life experience--one I hope to never replicate. Allow me to extend my condolences to your poor, patched finger.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

OUCH!!! Although, I have been in the market for some new knives, so thanks for the recommendation!

scott and linds said...

ouch girly OUCH!!! You almost sliced it off lady! At least you looked cute doing it! ;)

Krista and Trey said...

That is NASTY! Good think you kept the whole finger though.

Heath and Gretchen said...

Oh my gosh Brittany! I hurt just by looking at that! I'm so sorry that happened! I hope your finger heals quickly! You are such a trooper! I think I’d probably pass out! Hey, at least it didn’t fall all the way off and into the marinara! :)

Steph said...

you need a disclaimer for this post...like: **warning: below, graphic pictures of Britt's sliced open finger...blood and stitches shown**

blahh....I'm so sorry little Boo... :(

Can we talk soon? I sure miss you!

Oh, and I agree with Cody...no more knives for you!

-S

Melissa & Chris Wood said...

oh brit i am so sorry that sucks so bad. I hope that you guys are all settled in at your apartment, but stay safe!

Ben N Nessa said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( Seriously, the Food Network Channel makes it look so easy! I'm so sorry...hope you're feeling better! No more chopping off extremities!

huggin said...

Oh my gosh our thumbs can be friends. You don't even realize how much you use it until you have stitches galore and you can't move the thing. I hate that that ordeal happened to, but now it just means we have that many more things in common. Although I am pretty sure my stitches were from the result of an abnormal large cell growth... same thing...

Jamie said...

Those pictures are DIS-GUST-ING!

Dan and I had only been married for a month or two when he sliced his finger open while doing the dishes. Same story. Stitches and all. He milked it for all it was worth: " Babe, you know I can't do dishes after the incident. It's not safe for me to be in the
kitchen. Yada, yada, yada..."

Hope your finger heals perfectly.

Brittny said...

that is disgusting britt! i feel so bad for you! how is married life?!

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

Wow brit that looks horrible. I hope you're doing better!!

Morgan said...

YIKES! I'm so sorry that happened to you! Maybe chicken parmesan just isn't worth it! You're daring, I cheat when it comes to marinara sauce... I always buy the jar :)

Ana Lee said...

Oh my gosh that looks like it hurt so bad! I still have a scar on my finger from when mine got sliced up pretty bad working at the Cafe once. NOT fun!